Relocating to Florida? See if Tampa Is Right for You
If you're relocating and looking for a new home in Florida, Tampa could be the ideal place to call home. Whether you're a young adult or ready for retirement, Tampa has something for everyone. Read on to find out why a new home in Tampa might be perfect for you.
Living in Tampa
Tampa offers abundant jobs and a lifestyle some only dream of. You'll be living where the winters are mild and the summers are hot, but best of all, there is no snow in Tampa!
Higher education is obtainable here, as Tampa is home to several major learning institutions.
Choose between colleges like:
- Tampa University
- The Art Institute of Tampa
- University of South Florida (a research university with acclaimed degree programs)
If you travel, you'll have convenient access to Tampa International Airport and Port Tampa Bay for transport to worldwide destinations by air or by sea. Shuttles and taxis provide ground transportation and wide, multi-lane interstates making car travel to other Florida cities a breeze.
There are ample healthcare facilities here, an important consideration for retirees. Everyone can maintain their health by strolling Tampa's parks and utilizing its free sports and fitness facilities. The Gulf of Mexico, the Ocala National Forest, and countless freshwater lakes are all a short drive away.
Cost of Living in Tampa
The cost of living in Tampa is more affordable than other U.S. locales, making a move here all the more attractive. Its affordability is due in large part to Tampa's relatively low housing costs and the lack of state income tax. No need to ask yourself “Can I afford a home?” in Tampa. In fact, it's one of our 2019 most affordable places to live.
In addition to general affordability, the robust job market provides a stable income base through career opportunities in healthcare or education, tourism, and hospitality, as well as business and finance. A large seaport and a U.S. Air Force base also contribute to keeping the area's job prospects plentiful.
Things to Do in Tampa
There are a lot of fun things to do in Tampa, like shopping, dining, and entertainment. The dynamic economy supports lots of upscale shopping. For example, the International Plaza boasts 200 specialty stores while, Hyde Park Village features 70 stores and restaurants. There are many more shopping centers located in the city.
Foodies will rejoice in the knowledge that there is no end to dining choices. Seafood, steaks, and barbeque are a given, but you'll also find international, upscale, and down-home cuisines, all at various price points.
Among the top reasons to live here are the Tampa bay beaches. First, there are the Tampa-specific beaches like Ben T. Davis Beach and the beach at Cypress Point Park, but you'll also have nearby access to world-famous Clearwater Beach and St. Pete Beach and all the legendary beaches in between.
Drop a beach towel on the soft, sugar-white sand and soak up the rays, or take a walk at sunset. Listen to gulls gliding over the crystal blue water. Dine at a seaside grill or watch the pelicans while sipping tropical punch on a waterfront deck.
- This is home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Tampa Bay Rays, so you'll enjoy convenient access to major sporting events if you live here.
- The Amalie Arena or the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheater are known for the top shelf talent they bring to the city. Classical fans enjoy Opera Tampa, the Tampa Bay Symphony and live theater at venues like the David A. Straz, Jr. Center. You can also roam the exhibits at the Museum of Science and History or the Tampa Museum of Art. The renowned Dali Museum is not far away in nearby St. Petersburg.
- Busch Gardens is a great choice for family-friendly fun. It features exotic animals, live shows, and thrill rides. It's a must-see for all visitors.
- Visit ZooTampa and end the day with a dinner cruise on the water.
- Tampa's Riverfront was born when the city transformed its sleepy downtown into a vibrant center for shopping, dining, and lodging. Listen to music, enjoy a festival, and get fit walking along the water.
- The Florida Aquarium allows you to get up close and personal with breathtaking species of marine life. Learn about the ocean and its inhabitants, watch a show in the 4D theater or take the kids to the splash pad to cool off.
- Adults will want to visit the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, where they can play hard and spend the night. Luxury accommodations are built around legendary rock-themed decor. There is live entertainment, fine dining, and of course, a casino with plenty of adult gaming.
With an economy teeming with jobs, affordable living, and exciting things to do, Tampa could be your perfect next home.
So, what are you waiting for? Explore our new homes for sale in Tampa!
Contributed to Your Home blog by Carol Youmans
Looking for more tips, ideas or inspiration? Return Home here.